Kindergarten – from 2 to 6 years old !
The teachers focus on making children comfortable with a new language and ensure that each one of them is given both, a schedule and the autonomy to live his own experiences and yet foster the acquisition of knowledge.
THE PROGRAM :
The Pre-Primary structures its program in five main domains, each one of them being essential to the development of the child and to the foundation for their learning. Each one of these domains complements each other in the acquisition of language skills and anchors its use in authentic communication.
1.Language at the heart of all learning :
- Exchanging dialogues, expressing oneself
- Progressing towards mastering the French language
- Familiarising oneself with reading and writing
- Practising rule-based activities
- Understanding principles of moralistic demeanour
- Understanding what a school is
3.Acting and expressing yourself through your body:
- Doing independent or guided physical activities
- Getting a clear image of one’s body
4.Discovering the World:
- Discovering materials
- Discovering shapes, sizes and textures
- Dealing with quantities and numbers
- Getting acquainted with time
5.Sensibility, imagination and creation:
- Drawing and craft
- Speaking and listening
At EFIB, five teachers helped by five pre-primary assistants work actively towards creating a comfortable learning environment which fosters solidarity and ensures that all children are properly catered for.